The Past



The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there.

L. P. Hartley   1895-1972 

Tuesday 20 July 2010

United Utilities


Our water companies do get a very bad press at times and come under a lot of criticism for not repairing leaks immediately, especially in times of water shortage and hose pipe bans.

I can only quote from my own experience.

At the weekend I reported a small leak at the stop tap which is situated on the outside pavement - this I did by e-mail.

Monday resulted in a visit from an Inspector at lunchtime and by 8 o'clock this morning a team were repairing the pipe - I think this is extremely quick given the circumstances.

It will take up to 5 further days before the pavement is repaired and the hole filled in but I am not worried about that.

So well done ...

.

1 comment:

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

hope nobody trips up on the pavement in the meantime

Penguins - move your cursor and take them for a walk !!

Say it as it is ......


Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land amongst the stars.

Look around !!!

What is this life, full of care,

We have no time to stand and stare?


W. H. Davies  1870-1940