The Past



The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there.

L. P. Hartley   1895-1972 

Monday 5 July 2010

Special Day ...


Midnight today is a special time ...

On the third working day of the month ( starting midnight ) you can access the internet and check if your Premium Bonds have won a prize for the current month.

Normally you would wait all month and hope that the postman will bring you some good news but this way disappointment can be instant.

I have had a few small prizes but I always hope for that big one !!!

2 comments:

Shayla said...

Now we have email the postman doesn't seem to bring so much joy anymore. I think the last time I had a proper letter from a friend was way back in school.

Green Jeannie said...

I traded in my few, never won a darn thing!

Penguins - move your cursor and take them for a walk !!

Say it as it is ......


Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land amongst the stars.

Look around !!!

What is this life, full of care,

We have no time to stand and stare?


W. H. Davies  1870-1940