The Past



The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there.

L. P. Hartley   1895-1972 

Sunday 11 July 2010

Allotment 15 - Disappointment


Something has been nibbling our courgettes and squash!!!

We were very proud to see squash and courgette growing - our first attempt !!

This morning we could only find eaten stumps where the fruit was - I guess this is why people grow potatoes.

We've put down slug killer but I think the culprit may be a mouse.

Hopefully as we still have flowers more fruit will appear ...

Yes allotment working is a " learning curve ".

.

1 comment:

Shayla said...

I know the disapointment mice can cause as they eat some of my stuff last spring, they even tried eating the lemon tree I have, until I caught them in a trap. I hope you manage to get some more coming through.

Penguins - move your cursor and take them for a walk !!

Say it as it is ......


Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land amongst the stars.

Look around !!!

What is this life, full of care,

We have no time to stand and stare?


W. H. Davies  1870-1940