The Past



The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there.

L. P. Hartley   1895-1972 

Tuesday 24 March 2009

Inflation ...


A few months ago I said that if the pound was weaker then imports will cost more and the rate of inflation will rise..

I'm not an expert - just GCE Economics and I have read Teach Yourself Economics ... to me this seems a rather reasonable prognosis.

Apparently the " experts " did not think this would happen.

Today it is announced that the increased cost of imported fruit and vegetables has caused the Consumer Price Index annual rate to increase to 3.2% in February from a rate of 3% a month earlier.

The " experts "  are very surprised ..

Is it me ? Do I expect too much from our politicians and experts ?

Who are these " experts " anyway ?

.

No comments:

Penguins - move your cursor and take them for a walk !!

Say it as it is ......


Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land amongst the stars.

Look around !!!

What is this life, full of care,

We have no time to stand and stare?


W. H. Davies  1870-1940