The Past



The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there.

L. P. Hartley   1895-1972 

Sunday 29 June 2008

ABC Wednesday - X for XFM Manchester

X is for XFM Manchester - one of our local radio stations .

I must be the first to admit that this is not one of the radio stations I actually listen to - too young in taste for my liking - prefer BBC Radio 4 for the spoken word, news, plays - BBC Radio 7 for drama and comedy shows - Smooth for jazz, soul and lastly Classic FM for light classical and opera.


This is my digital DAB RADIO  - I can set alarms, record and pause - clarity of reception is first class.

My only gripe about digital radio is that it can only be as good as the programmes transmitted - radio stations must appeal to ALL tastes - 200 stations playing the TOP 10 is no choice at all !

I think radio in the UK is first class but the danger is that in order to cut costs, top class programmes will be shunned in favour of a mass audience dumb down ...

What's radio like where you live ?  .. I would be interested to know...

AND yes it is 7.31 in the morning and I'm taking pictures of radios - I must be sad ..... !!

No comments:

Penguins - move your cursor and take them for a walk !!

Say it as it is ......


Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land amongst the stars.

Look around !!!

What is this life, full of care,

We have no time to stand and stare?


W. H. Davies  1870-1940