The Past



The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there.

L. P. Hartley   1895-1972 

Monday 2 November 2009

I worry ... !!


I worry when I walk around our housing estate and see that many neighbours are having a new roof ..

There is nothing wrong with having a new roof but when the property is only 40 years old ??

Is a new roof the latest must have fashion or are they really falling to pieces ?

I'm afraid that I'm of the generation that expect a roof to last at least 100 years ..

My "last a lifetime" PVC windows now need replacing - a lifetime I'm told only lasts 20 years - very strange !! Any new purchase will only have a guarantee of 10 years !!

I'm at this stage in life when everything is starting to wear out in the home and needs replacing ... including me .

.

No comments:

Penguins - move your cursor and take them for a walk !!

Say it as it is ......


Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land amongst the stars.

Look around !!!

What is this life, full of care,

We have no time to stand and stare?


W. H. Davies  1870-1940